Monday, June 13, 2016




Popular generalizations about ethnic groups are not allowed on TV

A Fox Sportd reporter who was filmed making a string of racially insensitive and anti-Semitic remarks has been benched by the network.

Emily Austen, a sideline reporter who covers the Tampa Bay Rays and Orlando Magic for Fox in Florida, insulted the intelligence of Mexicans and gloated about her disregard for Jewish customers during her days as a waitress during a live broadcast on Thursday.

Her comments came during a 35-minute interview with Barstool Sports on their daily Rundown show that she knew was being shown on the website's Facebook page - which has over 600,000 followers.

Austen's comments about Mexicans came when she and the other guests appearing on the broadcast began to discuss Mayte Lara, a Texas high school student who finished first in her class and will be attending University of Texas, Austin on a full scholarship later this year.

Lara is also an illegal immigrant, and wrote on Twitter earlier this week: 'Valedictorian, 4.5GPA, full tuition paid for at UT, 13 cords and medals, nice legs, oh and I'm undocumented.'

When asked to share her thoughts on this story, Austen said: 'I didn't even know Mexicans were that smart.'

Kevin Clancy, also appearing on the show, then asked what Austen thought about black people, which resulted in Austen saying: 'I love black ... I love all people. I don't care if you're white, yellow, brown, purple...'

'Jews?' asked Katz, 'kind of a little stingy...'

This goading caused Austen to launch into a story about her days as a server, saying: 'Yeah, I went to school in Boca, so I know most of that.

'The way I used to talk to Jews in Boca, they hated because I was a server, and I just didn't care and they would complain and bitch about everything.

'I gave a guy a beer, and he was complaining to me that there was too much head and I knew that he was a stingy asshole and that he wasn't going to give me a tip, so I go, "So you're the first guy that's ever complained to me about too much head."'

She ended the story by stating: 'I got fired like two weeks later.'

That very same fate may befall her again as well it seems, with Fox Sports releasing a statement about Austen's appearance on Friday which revealed she would be off the field for the near future.

SOURCE 

5 comments:

Bird of Paradise said...

Its time for these sniveling little twats to finaly grow up and climbed out of their playpens

Anonymous said...

Social suicide in the job market. Were the comments worth losing her job? Only she can say. Free speech has a price and this is once of the ways it will bite you on the arse.

Anonymous said...

No you can't be "rude" as a waiter/ress - only the manager can put the customer in his/her place and take the consequences business-wise.

Spurwing Plover the fighting shorebird said...

You cant do or say anything these s days without offending some little snowflakes who in their playpens

King Condor said...

Time to s remind sniveling liberals the gave up their safe space when they left home