Monday, March 23, 2015


Arabs do not come in "droves"

Flocks?

Obama also said he chided Netanyahu for his election day video posted to Facebook, in which he urged Likud backers to vote to counter “droves” of Arab voters he said were being bussed to the polls by foreign-backed organizations.

“We indicated that that kind of rhetoric was contrary to what is the best of Israel’s traditions,” Obama said.

“Israeli democracy had been premised on everybody in the country being treated equally and fairly, I think that is what it best about Israeli democracy,” he said. “If that is lost then I think that not only does it give ammunition to folks who don’t believe in a Jewish state.”

SOURCE

I was going to call "droves" a "colorful" expression but I guess that might be suspect too


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arabs don't come in droves, however Democrats do.
The key to electing a Democrat has long been the driving, oft times literally, of their herd of sheep to the polls. A "murder of crows," a "drove of Democrats," a "plague of politicos." Makes sense to me.

Stan B said...

Typical Democrat/Liberal double-standard. Whenever there's a huge get out the vote campaign by Democrats, that's "Democracy in Action." If the Republicans use the same rhetoric to encourage their supporters to the polls, that's "Voter Suppression!"

Dean said...

Don't remember which election it was, but the director my department stood in front of my desk with pad and pencil asking me who I was voting for. Despite being told it was none of his business he finally got what he thought he wanted.

Election day a representative of the local Democratic party called and reminded me to vote. Not really needed, the wife and I never miss and election. But it was nice of them to remind a Republican to go vote.

It's difficult being a Republican in education.

Anonymous said...

The hypocrisy is strong in this administration, who actively campaigned against Bibi in the recent election. smh

Anonymous said...

They used to come in tents.