Monday, September 29, 2014



Outrage over T-Shirt slogan that promotes sexual violence



Condoning rape is certainly obnoxious

One of the Philippines' largest department stores had been forced to remove a dangerously violent T-Shirt from it's shelves after an international backlash.

SM Supermalls attracted worldwide attention when a shopper in one of it's stores posted a snap of the garment online two days ago.
Karen Kunawicz uploaded a picture of the T-shirt onto her Facebook page with the caption: 'Really? In the boy's section? 'It's Not Rape, It's A Snuggle With A Struggle?'

She continued: 'I count myself among those worked really hard especially in the 90's for the rights of girls and women so it really got me upset. 'I was shaking when I took it. I wanted to throw up.'

Since the photo was posted on September 22, it has now received 1,578 likes,  4,383 shares and 440 comments.

One user wrote: 'I just got out of bed to go to the bathroom but this one now woke me up. I don't even know what exactly to say -- this is just so wrong.'

SOURCE

1 comment:

Use the Name, Luke said...

It's been several days since this was posted, and I still can't wrap my mind around how someone could even think something so morally backwards, let alone put it on a shirt and manage to sell it to a store!