Wednesday, February 07, 2018



Feel the hate

Despite their constant claims that conservatives are guilty of hate speech, the Left are the real haters.  Below a self-report from a participant in the "women's march" in Washington, D.C.

I had spent the morning sitting on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial with my 16-year-old daughter, Katherine, whose silent tears on election night in 2016 had marked the beginning of this national nightmare for me. She had insisted we drive from Charlotte to D.C. this year so that we could "protest in front of the president’s house." We heard all of the inspiring speakers; we relished the creativity of the posters and slogans. Being among so many like-minded people was comforting. I heard one woman say, "I love being here today. It makes me feel less alone."

I wanted to be with people who shared my anger. Because I have been so angry about Donald Trump this past year. I have been angry at my country for electing this man, angry at my neighbors who support him, angry at the wealthy who sacrificed our country and its goodness for tax breaks, angry at the coal miners who believed his promises.

My fury has been bottomless. I drink my morning coffee from a cup that says, "I hate to wake up when Donald Trump is President." The constancy of my outrage has been exhausting, yet I have not yet found a way to quell it — nearly each day has brought a new reason to stoke the fire. But a day with my daughter, communing with the angry and the aggrieved, seemed a good way to try.

SOURCE



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She wanted to elect an incompetent liar and crook just because she was female.

Anonymous said...

The posting of this fragment of the piece is unfair to its author. If one reads the entire piece, one sees that she arrives at a much different place from where she starts.

Anonymous said...

Anon 4:41.

She started out hating Trump and ended up hating Trump.

The only "difference" in the place where she started and ended up is that someone was kind to her, regardless of their respective politics. But she still hates the guy who helped her.

Brian from Rochester, NY said...

I did read the original article, and she did not stray from her original premise. Her final words were: "How do we hold onto the fire fueling our resistance to the cruelty Trump unleashes, but also embrace the world with love? I wish I knew."

Exactly what cruelty has Trump unleashed. I have seen cruel wishes of death and dismemberment from the 'tolerant' anti-Trumpers, but I have seen no cruel acts from our President. If he has been cruel, please show me the specific things he has done. Not hearsay, not third party anecdotes, but specific acts you know for a fact he has done or have witnessed him doing.

No, the woman who wrote this article is seeking to hold on to her hate for Trump no matter what.

Bird of Paradise said...

Makes you wonder what kind of junk their teaching in schools these days with the leftists NEA