Tuesday, December 25, 2012



Hate speech against Christianity from bigoted atheist Dawkins

Recently Richard Dawkins, a leading British "intellectual" ramped up his abuse of Christianity by claiming that a Catholic upbringing was a form of child abuse.

I was appalled by such offensive speech but was at a loss about what to say in commentary about it, seeing I am myself an atheist. I did however give my son a Catholic education which he greatly enjoyed.  And even though he too has arrived at atheism in his adulthood (without any urging from me) he was recently pleased to go as godfather to a little boy at a Catholic Christening -- so he still has respect for the religion.

I rather regretted being stuck for how to respond to Dawkins as I have seen no reponse from anybody else to his disgusting claims.   That deficiency has now, however,  been more than made up by an excellent response from Melanie Phillips, who is a Jew.  I have just headlined her commentary on my  POLITICAL CORRECTNESS WATCH blog.  That it should be left to an atheist and a Jew to respond to Dawkins would however seem to be a sad commentary on how battered British Christians now feel.

12 comments:

Use the Name, Luke said...

Ms. Phillips' piece is very well written and spot on. Thank you for sharing that.

I'm pretty sure that Mr. Dawkins has made similar statements before. So to me, this is a bit of a "Dog Bites Man" story. Not in the least surprising. For a long time, I've summarized his attitude like this, "There is no God, and I hate him."

I feel sorry for Mr. Dawkins and those who are like him. Being so consumed by anger and bitterness must be horrible. However, it is his own choice to hang on to the bitterness. I hope that someday he manages to let go of it, come into the light, and experience peace.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Anonymous said...

I was a Catholic until I reached the age of reason. Go Mr. Dawkins!!!

Dean said...

All I can do is echo Luke's comments. Right on, Luke.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

Anonymous said...

"I hope that someday he manages to let go of it, come into the light, and experience peace."

Drugs will let that happen.

Use the Name, Luke said...

If that is not HATE SPEECH, what is?

Is telling someone that they will get a ticket for speeding "hate speech"?

Is telling someone that they'll wind in prison if they rob a bank "hate speech"?

Is telling someone that smoking leads to cancer "hate speech"?

How about telling someone that recreational drug usage leads to severe health problems or even death?

Or that walking in front of a moving train causes death?

Or…

Or…

Or…

If that's hate speech, then every single Warning label slapped on just about every product you buy is "hate speech".

So what about a doctor who diagnoses you with a disease, then tells you what the cure is? Is that "hate speech"?

Kee Bird said...

Dawkins is arrogant and liberal and a big time biggost and ignorant as all liberals are

Anonymous said...

Check out what the prancing liberals are doing now.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/25/new-york-journal-news-gun-owners-westchester-rockland-counties_n_2362530.html

3 to 1 odds said...

Luke, all of the items you mentioned are real. Hell is not.

Dean said...

5:50 AM

So asre you saying that warning of what you consider to be an imaginary place is hate speech?

3 to 1 odds said...

You betcha. Threats of eternal fire by "Christian" people is what then?

Anonymous said...

Bring me the head of Wayne LaPierre.

Use the Name, Luke said...

Funny how we NEVER hear anything close to this kind of hate directed towards them. I wonder why? Could it be that they know what will happen to them?

To be fair, Christopher Hitchens had very harsh things to say about Islam, too; though he lumped both into the same category in an inappropriate attempt to tar Christianity with Islam's sins.

I don't know what Dawkins has to say on the subject. Maybe he also attacks Islam.