Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Black footballer and the F*ggot word

The double standard again:
After covering his eyes and firing round after round of verbal bullets at teammates and Roger Goodell, as well as posing with very real guns, Harrison issued a long apology, tweeted by Josina Anderson of Showtime's Inside the NFL.

After calling Roger Goodell a word used for hate speech against homosexuals and saying, "If that man was on fire and I had to piss to put him out, I wouldn't do it. I hate him and will never respect him," in a recent article in Men's Journal, Harrison said this about his choice of words:
I also need to make clear that the comment about Roger Goodell was not intended to be derogatory against gay people in any way. It was careless use of a slang word and I apologize to all who were offended by the remark. I am not a homophobic bigot, and I would never advocate intolerance of gay people.


Source

And the reaction to the slur? It "raised some eyebrows" only.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

His license to say and do whatever he wants is his skin color. Case closed.

BTW, take note of the mysterious, and oh-so unusual silence from the radical gay community. Hmmm...

Brian from Rochester said...

I think it's interesting that he apologized to the gay community, but not to the man he actually slurred.

That's a non-apology if I ever heard one.

He should be let go completely fro such insubordination. Any of us would have been fired and brought up on charges if we made such a statement about our bosses.

Let him find a job somewhere else.