Tuesday, March 16, 2010



Progress

Firstly, many thanks for the much-appreciated good wishes from readers in connection with my cataract operation.

It went "very, very well" according to the ophthalmic surgeon, so rapid healing will hopefully ensue. The private clinic I went to could not imaginably be better, I think. Private medicine in Australia is very, very good -- as good as public medicine is bad. Yet my private health insurer is covering 100% of the charges from the clinic and from the anesthetist but I have to pay something towards the fees of the surgeon.

I was in and out quite rapidly and experienced only minimal pain and discomfort. And even now that the anesthetic has worn off I am not in any pain.

I am writing this using my one good eye at the moment and managed to put something up yesterday on all my blogs -- though with reduced postings in some instances. You can't keep a good blogger down! I have had multiple surgical procedures of one sort or another since I started blogging but I don't think I have missed a day yet.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that was quick. I was about to recommend a "great" nurse i know in Sydney who could make you forget whether you can see or not. ;) Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

You are a fortunate person. Many people cannot afford private treatment - hence a public option of some kind should be available for those kind of operations

Brian from Virginia said...

I am so happy to hear of your speedy recovery. I will keep you in my prayers.

Rev. Kev. said...

Well done, John!
Best wishes!
Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your recovery!

Anthony said...

Get well soon and it's great to see you are still working even after all of that.