Wednesday, June 11, 2008




I Chose Against University of California Irvine Because of Hate Speech

What this guy did -- choose Vassar instead of UCI for his studies -- is the proper response to hate speech: Personally boycott it.
"I was accepted to University California Irvine, but decided against it. I heard Allyson Rowen Taylor speak at a Chabad event and she discussed the issues on the campus to a room filled with parents who had no idea what was going on in the public arena.

After reading about UCI online, and speaking with others who have seen the campus antics, I decided to go elsewhere, not only for reasons of the intense hatred of Jews at UCI, but because I wanted to be free of the "apartheid walls" and the vitriol of speakers who create hate with my fellow students.

I searched for a campus with high academics where study was a priority, and the influence of the MSU was minimal if not absent. While there are issues at my campus, they are tiny compared to the issues of the UCI campus.

Source

Chabad is an orthodox Jewish movement (Lubavitchers). A bit sad that he had to go from one side of the country to the other for his studies. Probably he had relatives in New York, though.

UCI is well-known for a very active Jew-hating Muslim Students' Union, which the university supports in the name of free speech. "Free speech for me but not for thee" is the usual Leftist policy, of course. And the Left recognize in Muslims fellow-haters of the rest of us.

No comments: