Monday, June 09, 2008


Amazing doings in Canada

A Christian pastor who conveyed the Biblical view of homosexuality has just been found guilty of hate speech by one of Canada's notorious "human rights" kangaroo courts. He has been ordered never again to say anything negative about homosexuals, has been fined $5,000 and ordered to publicly recant his views. The latter order is straight out of the old Soviet legal system, of course. I know of no court anywhere else in the world where people can be ordered to avow a belief that they do not hold. Details here

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

In one decision this court has declared that part of the Christian Bible cannot be preached. I wonder if they realize that Islam has a similar view of homosexuality?

Anonymous said...

I hope Andreachuk and Lund have a good time in hell.

"If we don't believe in free expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Avram Noam Chomsky

Anonymous said...

Hello Good Gentles All!

The world now has one less free country.

Pax,

InFides

Anonymous said...

no wonder cananda is a laughing stock of outstanding lunacy and moronic laws.

Anonymous said...

Sounds similar to what the Catholic Church is accused of doing during the infamous Inquisitions.

Ariztophanes said...

"Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason - I do not accept the authority of the popes and councils, for they have contradicted each other - my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not recant anything for to go against conscience is neither right nor safe. God help me. Amen." --Martin Luther