Sunday, September 10, 2006

Don't Grumble: Lend a Hand

I notice that a grumble appears in the Comments on this blog from time to time saying that a particular post is off-topic and really not what this blog is about.

Those who say so are of course entitled to that opinion but it would be much more impressive if they were to be positive rather than negative. A positive response would be to look out for stories that suit this blog and email in to me the link concerned.

What I put up is simply what I come across in my daily reading that seems most relevant to this blog. And if the stories seem more or less central to the theme of the blog that is just the way the cookie crumbles. I don't make up the news. I just report what I find that day.

But I am only one pair of eyes and I am sure that there are many stories I miss. So anybody who feels inclined to moan might ask themselves just what they have done to help out.

And let me say that I greatly appreciate the small number of people who DO email in stories from time to time. All readers of this blog are greatly indebted to them.

No comments: