Tuesday, February 19, 2019




Australia: Sport Minister sorry for appearing to make fun of overweight people



Federal Sport Minister Bridget McKenzie has apologised for appearing to mock overweight people at a national obesity summit in Canberra.

The deputy leader of the Nationals apologised after being photographed puffing out her face and rubbing her stomach while standing next to a banner advertising Friday's summit.

Ms McKenzie blamed her actions on a bad reaction to breakfast.

"The issue of obesity is a matter I take very seriously and would never triavisie [sic] it - or to add in any way to stigmatisation," she tweeted.

"I sincerely apologise for this very unfortunate photo taken as I demonstrated how my stomach felt after scrambled eggs reacted w yogurt I had just eaten."

SOURCE  



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The perpetually offended are offended once again.

Use the Name, Luke said...

I have to say that I don't believe her defense. Maybe she was feeling really bloated from breakfast, but she's clearly putting on a show, and almost certainly thought it would be funny to do it in front of that sign.

But as Anonymous said, some people are woefully deficient in their sense of humor, and especially in tolerance