Thursday, October 29, 2009

Must not suggest that Hispanics eat tacos

We read:
"ESPN broadcaster Bob Griese has been suspended one week for a remark he made about NASCAR driver Juan Pablo Montoya. ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz says Griese will not be working a game this week.

Krulewitz says ESPN has spoken to Griese and "he understands the comment was inappropriate." During ESPN's broadcast of the Minnesota-Ohio State game Saturday, a graphic was shown listing the top five drivers in NASCAR's points race. Fellow analyst Chris Spielman asked where was Montoya, who is Colombian. Griese replied he was "out having a taco."

He has twice apologized on air for the remark.

Source

I am quite fond of a good taco so I don't see what is derogatory about it -- but I am obviously obtuse. I clearly don't have the fine-tuned sensibilities of a Leftist -- fine-tuned sensibilities that see no problem with horrors such as abortions or the mass slaughters by the Communists.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

From colombia - eating a taco - puhleeze


He should have said he was out getting an espresso.

Dean said...

Was Montoya offended? Or was he out eating a taco?

I'm offended at ESPN's reaction. They owe me money, and I'm going to ignore them for an entire week.

So there.

Now both ESPN and I are on the same developmental level.

jonjayray said...

I'm betting that a lot of Americans would not know the dietary differences between Hispanics of different national origins

They should be punished for that??

J. Birch said...

Montoya is an outstanding, world-class driver no matter what he eats. ESPN has become ass-kissers to the PC-ists, like every other network. And yes, that includes Fox, where their on-air air-heads are drowning in "PC-speak"!

Mr. Clean said...

ESPN is a business. The will do whatever it takes to raise the bottom line. You do not do this by pissing off customers.

Anonymous said...

To Leftists, dead people and dead babies do not matter, dead human beings don't have feelings you see.

I better watch my language next time I order a taco at a taco place staffed with spanish speaking people; or buy Chinese food from a Chinese takeout run by a Chinese family, etc.