Wednesday, October 14, 2009



Must be VERY careful when talking about a "bisexual"



We read:
"Dannii Minogue [above] has apologised for poking fun at a bisexual contestant on the hit British television talent show, X Factor. Minogue, who is one of four judges on the show, rattled fans of bisexual teacher Danyl Johnson, 27, after commenting on his decision to change the lyrics of a song.

Johnson altered the words to And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going, Jennifer Hudson's love song to a man in the movie Dreamgirls, so he was singing to a woman instead.

After he performed the song on Saturday night's show, Minogue remarked: "If you're to believe everything you read in the papers, then you didn't need to change the gender references in the song."

Minogue's jibe sparked 2500 complaints from X Factor fans, many of whom called for her to be sacked.

Source

I think she was saying that there are a lot of homosexuals about. What is wrong with that? Aren't we supposed to "accept" homosexuality?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When they sac her, i hope they send her to my house!

Bobby said...

Singers change gender-references all the time. "The girl from Ipanema" often becomes "The boy of Ipanema" when a woman sings it.

Johnston changed the gender because he didn't want to look weird by singing to a guy. It was his own personal marketing decision. It's the same reason Elton John sings "tiny dancer" which is about a woman. While society seems to love songs like "I kissed a girl," they're not ready for "My Girl" to become "My Guy" unless a woman sings it.

Anonymous said...

I agree. She needs sacked. Probably spanked, too. I volunteer.

Robert said...

I also volunteer for that mission. ;)

As for the second comment, there actually is a "My Guy" song, entirely distinct from "My Girl", by a different artist. Neither song is amenable to changing the sex of the lyrics, nor being sung by a member of the opposite sex from the original artist.