Friday, February 22, 2008

Blogosphere Takes out an Official Canadian Goon

Ezra Levant, the Canadian publisher who was dragged before a Canadian kangaroo court for publishing the Mohammed cartoons, has had a win. The video of his appearance in the court went viral and the court apparatchik concerned has had HER little feelings hurt:

"I mentioned that Shirlene McGovern, the "human rights officer" who interrogated me, has resigned from my case. The human rights commission advised my lawyer that McGovern quit because of the public backlash against the commission -- and against her in particular. In other words, she didn't like being called a censor in the blogosphere.

I'm not sympathetic. I believe that any government bureaucrat who makes a living interrogating citizens about their political beliefs ought to be held in public contempt. McGovern truly doesn't get it -- she thinks what she does for a living is perfectly bland, just like her.

Source