Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Are you not Allowed to Mock antisemitism?



The cartoon above (larger version here) clearly mocks antisemitism -- portraying it as stupid and associating it with Hitler. Yet some goose of a woman thinks that the cartoon PROMOTES antisemitism:

"I am writing to express my astonishment after reading a comic in The Badger Herald ("BD Presents," Feb. 13) that blatantly perpetuated anti-Semitic stereotypes. While I recognize everyone's freedom of the press, I think it is inappropriate and hurtful to publish a comic with such deep-rooted and offensive stereotypes. As a Jewish student, and one of thousands at this university, I find that many students on this campus throw around stereotypes nonchalantly and without thinking... etc. etc.

Another case of oversensitivity at best. Certainly a case of thinking that not mentioning a thing makes it go away. She probably thinks that Islam is a religion of peace too.