Friday, August 17, 2007

Saying "Learn English" is Racist?



People of all races speak English:

"This Californian babe just might have copped her last look at Sydney's Opera House after the reality TV star launched a racist attack on a Sydney McDonald's employee over her McFlurry order.

The 19-year-old star of the MTV hit show The Real World: Sydney, filmed late last year, has infuriated the Asian Australian community and been panned by US audiences after a recent episode showed her demanding an Asian cashier at the Bondi McDonald's "learn English".

"I'm like, well I'd take the f....n' Crunchie one but I don't know what it tastes like because you wouldn't give me a sample," Trisha Cummings said.

"I'm like, you know what, keep the money, maybe take some English lessons - I'm leaving cause you don't know how to speak English," she said.

Source

Shop assistants who don't understand you can be very frustrating.