Monday, February 13, 2017



The Social Media Hive Mind

By Scott Adams, author of Dilbert

This morning I tweeted a link to a great video that describes in detail how Twitter “throttles” the tweets of any content that disagrees with their political views. The video describes how Twitter gives a fake message that some tweets are no longer available, to discourage you from clicking to them. The tweets still exist, and you can access them by directly clicking the links in the tweets, but most people would not think to do that.

If you don’t think that’s a real thing, here’s my tweet about the video. They did it to me. And this is common for my tweets about Trump or climate science. They throttle me to prevent them from going viral. And it only happens with certain types of content.

And it isn’t just me.

I would argue that the human mind has recently evolved to include the thinking process of social media as a whole. We’re connected to social media like a great hive mind. And thanks to scientific advances in datametrics, the social media companies now have almost perfect mind control technology. We connect to the hive mind, the social media giants decide who sees what messages, and they program us individually. You get different persuasion than I do.

I no longer have freedom of expression in the way that most of you still do because the social media platforms throttle my ideas. And you know why this isn’t the biggest story in the world?

LOOK OVER THERE! IT’S HITLER!

That’s the hive mind distracting you. Here’s the video Twitter didn’t want you to see.



SOURCE


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I avoid Twitter, Facebook, and anything similar; I am not interested what people with big egos want to tell.

Bird of Paradise said...

This is BIG BROTHER the USELESS NATIONS controling all you see and hear just like in the opening narration to the 60's classic Sci Fi TV series THE OUTER LIMITS