Saturday, November 28, 2009



WA: "I’m completely supportive of freedom of expression" -- except when I'm not

A confused young lady writes to her college newspaper:
"I found myself very troubled after walking to the campus bookstore on Monday morning. Outside the doors to the most popular building on campus was a table with two men behind it, calling themselves “de LaRouche.” As I approached the table I saw a poster of Obama with a Hitler mustache on it, and as I walked by one of the men asked me how I liked the poster. I heard them talking about how Obama is going to hell, trying to recruit other students into their clan.

I stood there disgusted and confused as to how these people could actually believe Obama is comparable to Hitler, and how he has imposed a mass genocide on the country as they propose he has. I, along with countless other students, am enraged by this group and the images they are displaying as we make our way to class.

The open visitor policy on campus is not effective when a group presents hateful ideas in an intimidating way to young students. I’m completely supportive of freedom of expression, but the line needs to be drawn between free speech and hate speech. [The lady seems easily intimidated. For her sake, let's hope she never experiences REAL intimidation]

Source

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a typical Obamunist. I love free speech, but only when i agree with it. Perhaps we should tell her that we love free speech also, except when it comes from obnoxious, elitist, leftists.

Use the Name, Luke said...

A) Modern Fascism and Liberal Fascism

B) Does she also complain about these images?

Goggle Search: Bush as Hitler

Anonymous said...

re: Luke,

Yawn. Same shit different day.

Use the Name, Luke said...

Anon 4:53,

So that's what you call truth?

So sad…

Anonymous said...

I am willing to bet that Anon 4:53, 5:13 and 9:42 are the same. An uneducated troll that cannot express [their] opinion without profanity. Most people revert to using profanity when they are not intelligent enough to respond appropriately.

Anonymous said...

Anon 10:40, he/she/it just proved you correct!

Anonymous said...

QUOTABLE QUOTES
"The mania for giving the Government power to meddle with the private affairs of cities or citizens is likely to cause endless trouble, through the rivalry of schools and creeds that are anxious to obtain official recognition, and there is great danger that our people will lose our independence of thought and action which is the cause of much of our greatness, and sink into the helplessness of the Frenchman or German who expects his government to feed him when hungry, clothe him when naked, to prescribe when his child may be born and when he may die, and, in time, to regulate every act of humanity from the cradle to the tomb, including the manner in which he may seek future admission to paradise."
– Theodore Roosevelt