Sunday, July 29, 2007

Use of the "N-word" is Free Speech too

This site is a great tribute to American respect for free speech. Despite the unfailing public paroxysms of outrage that greet use of the "N-word" by whites, the site concerned freely uses that word.

The hysteria in America over the word does seem rather amusing to me as an Australian living and writing in Australia. The High Court of Australia has recently ruled that the word is not offensive in Australia.

That blacks use the word a lot suggests to me that it is not offensive at all. Leftists just pretend that it is and some blacks go along with that.

I don't use the word in full on this site simply because I have to be careful of falling foul of Google's haphazard "hate speech" regulations. Google is our "landlord" here. Or should I say "G*ogle"? I suspect that it is unwise to draw one's site to the attention of the invigilators at Google -- but what the heck!

This is my only site where I use Haloscan to host comments. Some of the comments can be pretty naughty here but Google cannot object to them (I hope) if the comments are not hosted by them.