Sunday, December 16, 2007

A Comment on Comments

The comments on this blog offer a valuable supplement to my posts and I for one am glad of them. Every now and again however some sad soul pops up who does not seem to realize that he/she is on private property here. They do not seem to realize that this blog exists solely because of the work that I put into it and that its facilities exist because I set them up. So they post abusive comments here.

If you were a guest in someone's home and insulted the host and pissed on his carpet, you would promptly get the boot. And the same principle applies here. Hostile commenters will be IP banned and their comments deleted. But disagreeing comments made in a polite manner -- along the lines: "You appear not to have considered .... " -- are always welcome.

As it happens there is a blog that specifically hosts those who do not like it here. I encourage malcontents to transfer their attentions to Annie's place.

I hasten to add that there is no animus between Annie herself and myself. We correspond rarely but when we do it is always cordial on both sides.