Thursday, October 18, 2018








Wendy's customer left outraged after he received a receipt with 'Chubby' written on it instead of his name

I am inclined to think that people who have peculiarities should learn to live with it. If not, "shaming" could lead to corrective action -- such as weight loss

A North Carolina man was shocked when he went to his local Wendy’s to order a sandwich for his fiancĂ©e and himself and found his receipt said 'Chubby' in place of his name.

Jimmy Shue, of Gaston County, tried to keep the insult on his ticket to himself, but when his order was announced and his 'name' was called out the entire restaurant erupted in laughter.

He says the 'Chubby' insult came out of the blue when he stopped at the Gastonia restaurant around 8pm on October 4.

'The girl asked me my name at the register, so I gave her my name clear as day, "Jimmy". She said, "Okay, thank you," handed me the ticket, and I didn’t pay no mind at first until looked down at it while I was waiting and saw it said "Chubby,"' he said to WFMY. 

At first he was upset but didn't want to raise hell about the ticket.

Then when another employee called out his order, the patrons at the restaurant exploded with laughter, leaving Jimmy utterly humiliated.

'He was hesitant to even say "Chubby" but he did and I told him, "That’s not my name but that’s my order," and I grabbed the order and started to walk out because I was mad,' Shue said.

'Everybody started laughing in the restaurant, and I got really embarrassed,' he added. 

Shue flagged the incident to Wendy's corporate who put him in touch with someone at the local restaurant who simply told him the situation was 'dealt with' without any further explanation. 

Wendy's tells DailyMail.com that the situation has been addressed and the female employee who wrote 'Chubby' has been fired.

SOURCE 


3 comments:

Bird of Paradise said...

Tel those to GET OVER IT and dont go making a big national case over it and filing stupid lawsuit over it we dont need our courthouses taken up with frivolous lawsuits beside they should think about Chubby Checkers he never let the name bother him

Dean said...

The restaurant employee found there are consequences for putting down customers. Perhaps Mr. Shue would benefit by losing weight, but that doesn't excuse rude comments, especially when said comments reflect badly on your employer.

Anonymous said...

Mr Shue is not CHUBBY - he is legit obese.