Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Blogger.com problems

Google have once again done a lot of "improvements" to blogger.com, the tool used to put up this blog.  At least the improvements didn't cause any crashes or service outages this time  -- but the new tool is much more pesky than the old one.  I have actually been using it for over a month now so I think I know the ins and outs of it but I would still like the option of returning to the old system.

Anyway, I won't bore you with any further details as it essentially affects me only, not readers here. 

One thing it has just done, however is to throw a lot of legitimate comments into the spam box.  I have now rescued them and they are now there for all to read.  It's lucky that I inspect the spam box once a day.  Until they get their spam monitor working properly again, I will try to check it more often than that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They have made the same changes to another blog i visit and their changes really suck! And, as with all things google, there are tons more ads. Now all we need do is figure out how much they're tracking us.

Anonymous said...

"Now all we need do is figure out how much they're tracking us."

There have been black helicopters hovering over parts of my town.

stinky said...

There have been black helicopters hovering over parts of my town.

Don't worry, Google Earth automatically removes them from their images!