Tuesday, July 28, 2009



Outrage over saucy messages on infant clothes



99% of the time it is mothers who dress their babies so if they think the commentaries about themselves are offensive, they wouldn't put them on their kids. And what right have others got to complain about what mothers choose to say about themselves? There are enough restrictions on what we can say about others without adding restrictions on what we can say about ourselves.
"BABY clothes boasting slogans such as "The condom broke", "Pardon my nipple breath" and "I'm living proof my mum is easy" have outraged family groups.

They want the raunchy rompers and tops withdrawn, but unrepentant retailer Cotton On says they are simply meant to be funny.

Kids Free 2B Kids director Julie Gale bought the items at Cotton On Kids in Malvern on Monday.

Others read: "I'm a tits man", "Mummy likes it on top", "Wipe my butt sucker", "So hot right now", "I like big boobs and I cannot lie", "I'm bringing sexy back" and "Practice safe sucks".

Ms Gale said as a comedy writer and performer she had a great sense of humour, but using babies and children as "a vehicle for sexual innuendo" was unacceptable.

Source

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ms Gale said as a comedy writer and performer she had a great sense of humour, but using babies and children as "a vehicle for sexual innuendo" was unacceptable.

And just where does Ms Gale think the kids come from?

Anonymous said...

People have a right to be stupid and have poor taste. And, given the opportunity, they will never fail to display both.

Use the Name, Luke said...

Anon 12:54,

I could not have said it better myself.

Well done!

Bumper said...

As a staunch supporter of the the first amendment, but the grandfather of a three-month old, I will admit to mixed feelings about this matter. But damn those are some of the funniest wisecracks I have seen on a t-shirt in a long time.

Anonymous said...

Very simple -

If you don't like it, don't put them on your kid!

Follows the TV/radio rule -
If you don't like what is on TV, change the channel.

Anonymous said...

Have people become so thin skinned? Seriously, some people really need to lighten up.

Timesobserver said...

You know what? I'm offended. I think it's disgusting that people would put such rude and crude comments on baby clothes.

I also don't think that parents should put them on their babies.

However, I don't think it should be restricted. I'm a firm believer that once you start censorship, it leads to a slippery slope of giving up our Freedoms.

Unknown said...

To the mothers who use their own children as a vehicle to push this sad crap humour.. would you wear a shirt proclaiming ' I am a slut'?
well.
If the stupid parents want crap humour, YOU wear the shirts.