Thursday, April 10, 2008

Atheist gets a blast



Atheists can be so hate-filled towards Christians that I suppose there is a certain justice in them occasionally getting a serve back. How nice it would be, however, if we had a REALLY tolerant society.
"Rep. Monique Davis (D-Chicago) interrupted atheist activist Rob Sherman during his testimony Wednesday afternoon before the House State Government Administration Committee in Springfield and told him, "What you have to spew and spread is extremely dangerous . . . it's dangerous for our children to even know that your philosophy exists!

"This is the Land of Lincoln where people believe in God," Davis said. "Get out of that seat . . . You have no right to be here! We believe in something. You believe in destroying! You believe in destroying what this state was built upon."

Source

Pic of Ms Davis above. Blacks are allowed to say things that whites are not allowed to say, of course. They can even call New York "Hymietown" and still remain respectable. And Democrats have special rights too.

I am of course myself an atheist but conservative atheists tend to respect Christianity -- as I do. Atheists who hate Christianity are just showing their limitations, in my view.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She really got roasted in the comments that followed the Trib article. But I am willing to bet that she will wrap herself in her bias and ignorance and feel that she is still right.

Stan B said...

Hershel, you're absolutely right.

"In all my years I've never seen, heard, nor smelled an issue that was so dangerous it couldn't be talked about. Hell yes, I'm for debating anything!" - 'Stephen Hopkins', 1776 (the movie)

Anonymous said...

Hey Rep. Davis said she was sorry!: see http://www.wbbm780.com/pages/1980701.php?