Sunday, August 08, 2010



Man who felt sympathy for workplace shooter charged

We read:
"A man has been charged with breach of peace for allegedly saying he understood the mindset of the gunman who massacred eight of his colleagues earlier this week.

Police in New Haven, Connecticut, were called to Fusco Management Company after receiving complaints about Francis Laskowski, 58, The Hartford Courant reported.

Workers at the distributor were mouring the loss of their colleagues, who were killed when Omar Thornton, 34, went on a shooting spree on Tuesday.

Source

I understand that everybody was jittery but how an expression of sympathy was a "breach of the peace" escapes me. I don't think the charge would get far in a higher court.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yet another example of Political Correctness trumping Freedom of Speech. All someone has to do is claim they were offended, and it's suddenly labeled "hate speech." The Founding Fathers are rolling in their graves.

Anonymous said...

The right of freedom of speech guarantees that no matter what I say, regardless of whether you agree with me or not, I have the right to say it. And so do you.

-sig